Do you know what is “192.168.1.1”? If you are an regular internet user and still don’t know, no worries here you will be going to learn all about the router’s different IPs like 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, 192.168.254.1, 10.0.0.0.1, 10.0.0.2 etc.
Router help to forward data packets between different computer networks through internet such as webpage, e-mail, files etc. It is one of the mostly used network device around the world.
There are different Router and internet service provider brands like D-Link, SMC Networks, TP-Link, Netgear, Linksys router etc. and each of them have their own router default router IP addresses.
Every new user who is using router for the first time facing some common issues like how to setup, how to find login id and password, how to configure and sometimes browser blocks you, but first you need to connect your router by Ethernet wire with laptop or desktop.
There is also a type of DSL router, allows you to get internet access over a single line and mostly used at home.
But it is not easy to cover all the Router’s IP troubleshooting errors like appearance of blank page and setup processes in one article. Here we will only learn about only one and commonly IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1 (host address).
As you know that every device which is connected to a computer network having its own internet protocol and each of device has its unique or different IP address.
A particular IP address has been provided for every network administrator to get access point gateway or router configuration page.
Out of 65,536 IP addresses in the 16-bit block of the IPv4 address ranges from 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255 is one of the most common address and all these addresses cannot assigned to publicly accessible website.
Router companies assigned this IP address as default gateway or access point by which any connected device on that particular network communicate and can connect with others easily.
All these IP addressed are used as local area networks (LANs) means as private network address because they can be used without approval from a regional Internet registry.
192.168.1.1 Admin Router Configuration
Every home router manufacturers use private IP addresses and 192.168.1.1 is the most common default gateway address. Most of the router companies setup this address to configure router setting for their network administrator.
Reason behind this common address is to remember this address easily for users and anyone directly can access administrative console of the router by typing 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of your web browser. Before setting your own password every router has already provided with default username and password.
By searching https://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.1.1 on your browser’s address bar you will directly go to the router admin panel and a user can configure DNS, proxy, LAN, WAN, WLAN settings etc.
How do I login to my 192.168 1.1 router?
It’s not a difficult process but there are different ways to login through different router brands like D-Link, TP-Link etc. You have to follow some steps which are given below:
Login through TP-Link:
- First check that router is connected or not after that search for http://192.168.1.1.
- A user login panel page will appear and here you need to put your default username and password.
- Now you logged in as admin or administrative user into the router’s admin page and you can change settings and configure Quality of Service, DNS servers, Proxy setup etc.
Login through D-Link:
- After connecting router go to the search engine like google and search for 192.168.1.1, or by go to the link: http://dlinkrouter.local.
- Now you are at the login page and the username is admin and no password is required.
- Just logged in and enjoy your admin page.
Login through LinkSys:
- First connect Linksys router and Search for the http://192.168.1.1 on your web browser’s address bar and can also go through the url.
- Then put default username and password in your user login panel.
- Congrats you successfully logged in the router admin page.
Login through Netgear:
- Type http://192.168.1.1 in the web browser and you will be redirect to the Netgear login page.
- In the login page you need to enter your username and password.
- Now go to admin page wireless setting and customize according to your need.
How do I change my 192.168 1.1 password and username?
If you forgot password or username of your router or default login credentials doesn’t work then you need to reset it to default factory settings. For this you have to follow some simple steps:
- First of all you need to try your default username and password. You can get it by looking at the back of the router.
- If first method doesn’t work then you need to reset it. For factory resetting you need to look for the small reset button at the back off router.
- You need to press it for 10-15 seconds and the router will com in its default settings.
How to change router IP address?
You can change your pre assigned IP address provided by your internet service provider in case of DDOS attack or other some kind malicious activities to prevent yourself from personal data loss. Just follow the steps which are given below:
- Just go to your admin panel page i.e. 192.168.1.1 and go to the advanced setting.
- After that select Network then select LAN.
- At last you need to go under IP address and change it when you want.
- Go to the default admin page by putting username and password.
- Then go to the setup and select network settings.
- Now you are at the Router IP Address field.
- From here you can change IP address easily.
- First of all you need to login to Netgear page by http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com.
- Enter username and password and you will be logged in to the admin access panel.
- Now select Advanced then go to “Setup” then select LAN Setup.
- After that select LAN TCP/IP Setup, you will see IP Address and can change it according to your need.
192.168.1.1 or 192.168.l.l Troubleshooting
If you are running an firewall or using windows then it has already a firewall default settings make sure to disable it because sometimes it may cause trouble during connecting router or unable to access the internet on account.
2. Blank page or admin page not Opening:
Before accessing your router’s admin control panel make sure that router is connected with computer and devices via ethernet cable or WiFi and after that try to access your admin login page by browser’s address bar. If you will not do these things correctly you will face blank page error or 404 error.
Sometimes your web browser itself blocks your routers default gateway address or internet protocol(IP) address. In this case try to clear your browser cookies and try other default addresses.
Well this is all about the 192.168.1.1 (also called host address) IP address. After reading that I hope that you will never face any issue again related to router configuration.
You can easily access your router admin page and can customize your router settings according to your needs without any trouble. But if you are facing any issues which is not mentioned here then you can contact us through mail. Just go to the contact.
Thanks for reading this article if you need any help regarding router feel free to ask.