If we talk about the router’s default addresses every router has its default IP address and the most common addresses are 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1 and192.168.1.254. All these addresses are commonly called host addresses.
When a user uses a router for the first time can get access to the router home page by searching 192.168.0.1 this particular IP address and for accessing this you don’t need an active internet connection.
Here we are going to discuss the configuration or login process of a router. A complete mini-guide is given below. Read this carefully.
How to Login to 192.168.0.1?
First, you need to find your router’s default login username and password. Once you find them you need to follow the steps given below:
- In beginning just connect your router to your device and this can be done by using either an Ethernet cable.
- Then turn your router and device on means giving them a power supply.
- In the next step open your browser and search for “192.168.0.1” or do a direct URL search “https://192.168.0.1/”.
- Now you reached the login page where you need to enter your default username and password.
- Once you entered the main page now you can configure router settings according to your need.
You can also configure many things on the main router page like Wireless settings, can create a new Dial-Up connection, create new DSL connections, improve security settings, validate SSID settings, update the network’s name, change the wireless password, Set up a new port for gaming and Set-up and configure DNS
Forgot the IP Address Username and Password?
In case you forgot your router username and password then there is no need to worry because you can reset your username and password within 2-3 minutes. If you are using the router for the first time then you need to look at the back of the box where you will find the default username and password for your router. And in another case where you forgot your password which is set up by you then follow the steps which are given below:
- First, just look at the back of the box where you need to find a factory reset button.
- You need to press this reset button with the help of a needle or a paper clip.
- Just press it for 10-15 seconds and the router will come in its default settings and you can set your password again.