Are you facing an error during finding the router IP address? Well, this basically happens when you are using the Router for the first or there is an issue in the configuration of the router.
There are basically some common default router IP addresses like 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1, 10.0.0.1,etc. But if none of them working then you need to read our complete guide on how to find a router IP address.
Here we are going to discuss the router finding process for windows, ios, mac, and android. Just read the whole article carefully.
If you are using an android device to find IP address then you can use a third-party app to find out the default Router IP Address. But if you don’t want to use any app then you can also find out the IP Address directly from your device.
Just follow the steps which are given below:
- First of all go to Settings then select Wireless & Networks and then go to Wi-Fi.
- Now you need to tap on the Configure button.
- Hence, your Router IP Address will be shown next to the IP address label.
For Windows users, it is very easy to find a router IP address you can find within a minute. You just need to follow the steps which are given below to find the router IP Address on Windows.
- First of all, open the Command Prompt either from the search bar by typing “cmd”.
- After that type ipconfig in the command prompt and press Enter.
- Here many results will appear on the Command Prompt but the address next to the Default Gateway will be your Router IP Address. That’s all.
In Linux, there is a bit different way to find the router’s IP address due to its command lines. Follow the steps to find the IP address:
- First, go to Applications then select System Tools then go to Terminal.
- Type ipconfig in the terminal window and press enter.
- Now the Router IP Address next to the default gateway address from the results is appearing in the display.
The method of finding the Ip address in macOS is different from windows and Linux. Just follow the steps which are given below to find the Router IP Address.
- Go to Apple Menu > System Preferences > Network.
- Now choose the connection to which you are currently connected.
- After that Click on Advanced button.
- At last click on TCP/IP tab and you will be able to see the Router IP Address on your screen.
You can also use the Terminal app to find out the Router IP Address in macOS
- First, open the Terminal app from the Utilities.
- Then type netstat–nr | grep default in the terminal window.
- Now you can see your Router IP Address next to Gateway option.
For ios users, the process of finding an IP address is very easy. You just need to follow the steps given below:
- First, go to Settings and then go to Wi-Fi.
- Now select the network that you’re currently connected to.
- Then click on Static tab.
- Congrats, you can see your router’s IP Address there.
So, this is all about the router IP address finding process hope you like this article. If you read this carefully I am sure that you will never face any issue again related to finding IP addresses.